Quite the combo of trending topics! Attending conferences is a great way to network and see what’s trending. As a certified HR advisor, I attend events all the time. Here are some key takeaways from the Carroll County SHRM Conference:
- Shaping Corporate Culture.
- “Culture eats strategy for breakfast, lunch, dinner.” Peter Drucker
- Is HR the jet fuel that drives your corporate strategy? If not, why not?
- Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Opened my eyes to organizations in Carroll County working tirelessly to help the local community.
- Do you have a social responsibility or community relations plan in place? It’s time to walk the talk regarding your mission and core values.
- High Times at Work.
- While states continue to approve medical and recreational marijuana usage, Federal law states that marijuana may not be prescribed, administered, or dispensed. What are the risks/rewards involved?
- Lots of chatter on this topic and it will grow. Pun intended. : ) Focus on workplace policies, especially involving potential accidents in the workplace and safety sensitive positions. Are your policies and handbook are up to date?
Attending SHRM events is a great way to stay on top of HR trends and current events. Click here for a list of Maryland chapters and click here for a list of VA chapters. If you need some advice on any of these topics, our HR Advisor services can help. To learn more, contact me at email@example.com or 301-339-6005.