Solutions for Government Contractors in DC, Maryland and Virginia
As any experienced government contractor knows, making it through the bid process and winning a contract is only the first step on a complex and highly regulated journey. Requirements for hiring, managing, accounting, and reporting are vast and changing. Keeping up with it all and avoiding a misstep or audit can overshadow the task you contracted to complete…unless you have the right tools at hand.
At Payroll Network, we process the payroll for many government contractors in the DC area, and the initial feedback we get is this: critical but routine tasks can keep companies from focusing on their core services. In fact, activities like human resources, payroll, benefits administration, and managing employee productivity account for a large percentage of an organization’s workload and costs.
- What's your true cost of employee ownership?
- How can you streamline operations?
- What can you do to control your bottom-line costs?
- How can you identify and eliminate the common redundancies that cost you money?
We Put You in Control of Your Payroll
Payroll Network understands government contractor's unique workforce management, payroll and human capital requirements. Our solution puts you in control, allowing you to :
- Ramp up your accounting, payroll and HR infrastructure—quickly and effectively
- Creatively source candidates and track your applicants—capturing the right candidates and the right data, the first time
- Comply with Federal Government Regulations of the DCAA, OFCCP and DOL regulation thresholds—are you in compliance?
- Tracking Time & Attendance—Tools for ensuring compliance and timely reporting
Often government contracts involve employees from multiple states, some states with pesky withholding and unemployment issues. In-house software can be delayed in updating these rates as well as new COBRA reporting requirements. More and more government contractors are finding that outsourcing payroll is a risk management decision — helping them avoid potential payroll tax penalties.
In addition, to saving time and money, and reducing headaches, outsourcing payroll frees up HR and IT staff for more strategic activities.
Government Contractor Payroll and HR Management Solution Checklist
- Imports and exports new hire data, as well as employee changes and payroll information.
- Eliminates the need for paper personnel files.
- Accesses your data readily to support decision making
- Enables end users to perform ad hoc reports, utilizing user-friendly spreadsheet tools
- Allows for automatic email alerts to department heads and managers for incomplete timesheets, upcoming performance reviews, years-of-service anniversaries.
- Provides the flexibility of user-defined fields for security clearance, certification, and other customized tracking needs.
- Automates attendance and leave accrual tracking.
- Allows each employee to sign up for benefits online and make changes, automatically notifying all relevant providers.
- Provides employees with self-service options like printing paystubs, copies of W2s, change of address, and change in W-4 information.
- Automates conducting and recording employee performance appraisals.
- Stays up-to-date with state unemployment and withholding rates.
- Supports all 50 states and track all the variations
- Lowers your risk for potential payroll tax penalties.