Knowledge Center at Payroll Network
Tuesday, December 3, 10:00 a.m.
With the end of the year approaching, there are several simple procedures and steps to take to ensure a smooth year-end to your payroll processing. This one hour webinar provides:
- a tasks-oriented timeline,
- guidelines for reconciling W-2s,
- updates on federal legislation,
- new and upcoming items for 2014
- and many other helpful topics that may impact your year-end processing.
Designed for current Payroll Network clients. Online course offered on select Tuesday and Thursdays in November.
(Seminar Location: On-Line Course)
Thursday, December 12, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Presented by John A. Frisch, CPA/PFS, CFP, AIF, PPC, Alliant Wealth Advisors. Most employers who sponsor 401(k) or other Defined Contribution plans know that they are fiduciaries of the retirement plans they administer. But many are unaware of the full extent of their responsibilities or the liabilities they could incur personally if those duties aren't fulfilled. Join John Frisch as he:
- Reviews significant ERISA requirements that plan sponsors need to know and follow - in easy-to-understand language
- Describes recent court cases and US Department of Labor rulings that offers guidance for Defined Contribution plan managers
- Examines what employers must do to ensure compliance with the US Department of Labor's newest rules: 408(b)2 and 404(a)5
- Explains 401(k) plan fees and suggests ways to identify and reduce them
- Presents "7 Simple Truths" with practical suggestions that plan sponsors can follow to mitigate their risk and reduce the potential personal liability they bear.
This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR through the HR Certification Institute.
Thursday, January 23, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Presented by Ellen F. Kandell, Esq., President of Alternative Resolutions, LLC. Conflict avoidance and resistance can only lead to bigger problems. Effective leaders and managers need to be adept at facing and resolving conflict. As companies and organizations rely more on interdependent teams to jointly solve problems and accomplish tasks, conflict resolution skills take on greater importance. Many CPA firms are recognizing that smart conflict management will increase profitability for their clients. Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the direct and indirect costs of conflict
- Learn different conflict handling modes
- Discuss how to handle difficult behavior in the workplace
- Turning Conflict into Opportunity
- Review problem solving negotiation skills
(Seminar Location: Payroll Network, 2092 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850)
Attendees will recieve 1 hour CPE Credit.
*Please note, the use of the HRCI seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.