Documents Needed for Activation to Payroll Network
Your sales representative will help you gather the documents necssary to complete your conversion to Payroll Network. They information on the documents are needed for us to prepare the legal documents that allow Payroll Network to submit tax filings on your organization's behalf to federal and state jurisdictions. Scanned copies are preferred - they can be encrypted for your security, are easier to read and, in a few jurisdictions, faxed copies or prohibited.
Here's a list of what we'll need. Your current payroll provider may provide reports that have some of this information. Ask your Payroll Network Sales Representative for assistance. It may sound like a lot of paperwork, but Payroll Network's representatives are experts at ferreting out even the most obscure documents!
- Proof of Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN): Examples include any IRS Correspondence with your corporate name, address and FEIN on the same document.
- Proof of all state income tax withholding account mu,bers or a document from that jurisdiction that serves as confirmation that you have applied for an ID number.
- Proof of all state unemployment tax account numbers or a document from that jurisdiction that serves as confirmation that you have applied for an ID number.
- Change of Address Form (if applicable): The address on your tax proofs must match your current address. If it does not match, we will need copies of the appropriate Jurisdictions Change of Address Forms.
- DC form 2848 (applies only to firms headquartered in DC): DC requires this form which gives your authorization to allow us to seek information and discuss your account with them.
- Most recent Official Tax Rate Notice. Your most recent quarterly returns by your current payroll provider is likely to be an acceptable substitute.
- Voided check or spec sheet from bank account from which payroll checks/direct deposits and payroll tax payments are drawn.
- Signed Payroll Network Proposal
Prior to conversion, Payroll Network will contact you to obtain:
- Employee information: A copy of the most recent payroll run is helpful. Our Account Implementation Management team will discuss company-level options such as earnings and deduction types/codes, outside benefit and accounting advisors’ reporting requirements.
Thanks again for considering switching to Payroll Network. We look forward to serving you!